We are pleased to announce that most of the collections are now accessible and able to be ordered.
Due to the Kaikoura earthquakes many of our collections were not accessible while we assessed the safety of the collection stores. While this work is now largely complete, small areas of the collection stores remain closed as we finalise the programme of work required for the continued safety of our staff and collections.
We apologise for any ongoing inconvenience this may cause. We will provide updates via website: https://natlib.govt.nz/visiting/wellington/kaikoura-earthquake-update.
The following collections remain unavailable for a period of time:
- New Zealand and Pacific Serials Collection, titles beginning A to Ch
- New Zealand and Pacific Serials Collection, Folios
- National Library New Zealand newspapers (paper and microfilm)
- National Library Microform collections
- Some of the Alexander Turnbull Library paper copy newspaper collection (please check with staff: https://natlib.govt.nz/services/ask-a-librarian)
- Manuscripts where the reference number begins with MSI-Papers, MSO-Papers, AO, and AI
- Some Oral History listening copies: reference numbers beginning with OHLC 1 to 7207 and OHLCD 1-2108
- All English modern (16th century) books on microfilm
- All 18th Century books microfilm reels
- Photographic: Cased Photographs (reference number PA10)
- Map aperture cards.
Please contact us via our Ask a Librarian service to find out more. Thank you for your patience.