Why become a PHANZA member?
PHANZA members are part of a nationwide community of historians working independently and for all types of organisations, including: government departments, statutory authorities, historical societies, heritage groups, universities, museums, research organisations, Māori claimants, libraries and private companies.
- have an online presence in the form of their customisable profile page on the PHANZA website
- can promote their work through their profile page, our noticeboard and Facebook page
- have the opportunity to network with other professional historians and associations throughout Australasia
- get regular emails and a tri-annual newsletter, Phanzine, providing industry updates and articles of historical interest
- access professional development opportunities through seminars and publications
- can get advice on employment opportunities, contract employment and payment for professional historians
- are invited to our social events.
Applying to become a PHANZA member
We encourage you to apply to become a PHANZA member if you fulfil the following criteria:
- you have a research-based university degree in History or a related discipline
- and/or have demonstrated historical research experience and/or publications.
Fill in the form below to apply to join PHANZA. Annual membership fees are $50 waged and $25 unwaged.
If you have any questions about membership you can contact the Secretary: email@example.com.