Senior Adviser Pukeahu Partnerships and Programmes
Te Hua | Delivery Group
Permanent / Fulltime
Salary Range $96,563 – $119,189
Ki te puāwai te ahurea, Ka ora te iwi
Culture is thriving, the people are well
Ministry for Culture of Heritage are seeking an experienced heritage professional to join the Te Pae Mahara (Memorials and Commemorations) team to be responsible for developing a programme of activities that enhance the experience visitors have at Pukeahu National War Memorial Park. This is a permanent position.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the role
This role is responsible for ensuring that Pukeahu National War Memorial Park is one of the most valued destinations for New Zealanders and others to visit – both a vibrant and respectful place for remembrance, reflection, and recreation. You will thrive in an environment where our visitors are the forefront of what we do, and where we aim to attract a diverse audience through the successful delivery of visitor programmes at Pukeahu National Memorial Park. In addition, you will provide co-ordination across the various streams of activity led by others: maintenance, new memorials, education and commemorations.
Kōrero mōu | About you
Key to your success will be your ability to multitask many small projects at any given time.
You will need to demonstrate:
- experience working with iwi and Māori
- experience working with diverse communities
- experience in heritage site interpretation or similar work in other contexts like marae
- outstanding skills in stakeholder engagement / customer service / visitor environment / manaakitanga
- a tertiary qualification in a culture or heritage-related discipline or equivalent work experience including with rūnanga, NZDF, local or central government
- 5 years relevant work experience
For enquiries about this position contact Sophia Knott, Team Administrator – email@example.com
Applications close 5pm on Tuesday 25 July 2023
More information can be found here.