Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga is Aotearoa New Zealand’s leading bicultural heritage agency. This 24 hour per week role sits within the Central Region/Te Takiwā o Te Pūtahi a Māui, a team charged with championing heritage and making it relevant for current and future generations. You will be part of a team of heritage professionals that works across the southern half of the North Island and the top of the South Island. Your role will require occasional travel within the region.
They would love to hear from you if you:
- have a post graduate tertiary qualification in a heritage research related field such as history, archaeology, museum and cultural heritage studies
- have first-rate research skills and are familiar with a wide range of sources for historical research
- are an excellent writer who can produce fit-for-purpose heritage assessments
- have the ability and confidence to foster relationships and negotiate outcomes with stakeholders and work well as part of a team
In return you will gain:
- the opportunity to make a difference by working on projects affecting some of New Zealand’s most significant heritage places
- the chance to engage in active place-based story telling that connects people to places
This is a rare opportunity to join a high-performing team in a stimulating environment.
Applications close at: 5pm Sunday 4 December 2022.
More information and how to apply can be found here.